When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Faulty Wiring

In New York City, where guns are outlawed, people still die unexpectedly young. This week, a fire’s box score of killed is incremented one, while the “only injured” tally decrements in turn. The New York Post:

The fire that killed a 1-year-old boy in Brooklyn this week has claimed another life, police said.

A 40-year-old woman died today from her injuries sustained in the raging 13th floor-fire at the Howard Houses on Wednesday.

Little Ivan Baez died in the 8:30 a.m. inferno, which officials determine was caused by faulty wiring.

Five other residents were also injured. The massive blaze gutted the family’s three bedroom apartment at the Brownsville housing complex.

A previous story has more details:

As flames shot out of a top-floor window in the 13-story building at the Howard Houses in Brownsville at about 8:30 a.m., a neighbor on the street shouted, “Oh my God, oh my God — she has a kid!”

Tiny victim Ivan Baez was covered in soot as a firefighter carried him out of the building.

“He wasn’t moving but they were trying to get him back,” said Angela Hoye, 31, of Queens, whose mother lives a floor below the fire.

“It’s sad,” she said. “I didn’t see him with any clothes except for a diaper or a pull-up and with a mask over his face.

The tot was rushed to Brookdale Hospital in cardiac arrest and pronounced dead at 9:37 a.m., officials said.

The flames completely destroyed the three-bedroom apartment and filled the entire floor with billowing smoke, officials said.

The apartment building appears to be largely welfare housing. 7 people, reportedly three generations of a single matriarchal family, lived in the three-bedroom apartment.

4 thoughts on “When Guns are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Faulty Wiring

  1. AJ in NJ

    You’re right, it’s a project and I’m sure you don’t need to be told that Brownsville is a rough area the type that democrats love to hand off to generations of families that promulgate the 3 gen female lead households. Not an area you’ll see any one out after dark that’s an upstanding citizen, side from the fairy unicorn of the hard working alien doing jobs American wont do.

  2. Elaine

    I feel for the baby—but that is what happens when you stack people up on top of each other. Well, it happens in single family homes too (fires), but at least you’re not thirteen stories up.

    Just the thought of living like that gives me the willy’s (or it willies?). I live on sixty acres in the middle of ‘the woods’ and can only see two houses—and that is only in the winter when the leaves have fallen—and they are in-laws.

  3. Hartley

    A question whose answer probably won’t be easily discovered is: WHOSE wiring was faulty? Was it the wiring installed in that apartment by the folks who built/maintained the place, or some kludgery installed downstream by the who lived there? I know which way I’d bet..

  4. Dyspeptic Gunsmith

    That fire got pretty hot. You can see how far down the walls the high temp thermal layer came. Then it appears to roll into the hallway there, where you see heavy soot/smoke residue at about a 4′ level in the hallway.

Comments are closed.