This is a sample game card for Ban Buzzword Bingo. It is a drinking game.
|Ban Buzzword Bingo|
|1||loophole||moms||2nd Amendment, but||gun safety laws||scientific studies|
|2||easier than buying a ____||assault weapon||racism/-ist||deer hunting||even gun owners support|
|3||Black Lives Matter||reasonable||common sense||Wild West||No one wants to take your guns|
|4||military weapons||gun show||schoolchildren||terrorist watch list||violent extremists (only if “moslem” is not mentioned)|
|5||bought on the internet||no one needs||cop-killer||compromise||high-capacity|
Make your own cards with the words or phrases moved around.
Here’s how it works:
- Get a lot of liquor, and turn on a political show or debate. Have a few pops for general lubrication. Give everyone a card, and make sure all contestants have a drink.
- Every time someone emits one of the phrases, call it off in this fashion: “Buzzword! N-5.”
- Mark it on your card, and drink. (Since all the phrases are on all the cards, everyone is drinking at the same rate, unless they’re already too sozzled to find the phrase on the card).
- Refill your drink.
- Repeat #s 2-4 until…
- When someone has five marked Buzzword rectangles in a row, he or she yells “Buzzword Bingo!” Everybody drinks.
- Congratulations, you’re all the losers. It’s politics; you didn’t think there were any winners in it did you?
- Everybody stay the night. You’re too drunk to drive.
For a variation to play in indelicate company, Bullshit! makes a satisfactory substitute for Buzzword!